1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I stayed single for more than a year. That was honestly the best decision I made for myself. I truly found myself in the mess that was trailing behind me.
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My new years resolution was to overcome Borderline Personality Disorder. And I did, although I still have Clinical Depression. I feel happier and stronger than ever.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone close to me, but a lot of friends from school had a baby or even got married.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My childhood friend Jeremy passed away at the age of 25. He passed away after falling into a diabetic coma.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. But I did visit my family in Canberra which is the capital city of Australia.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Feeling positive about life. To relax more and laugh easily. Less tears for sure.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I really can’t pin point one. There were many big events throughout the year. I guess November 3rd when Justin asked me to be his girlfriend.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Overcoming Borderline Personality Disorder. It was a fucking hurdle.
9. What was your biggest failure?
So many regrets. Probaly being a raging slut and dating a lot of losers.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Borderline Personality Disorder.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New furniture for my new place. New bed, bookshelf, clothes rack and recently a new computer desk.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Haha mine for sure.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and sad?
He knows who he is.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Cigarettes and alcohol.
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting Norman Reedus at Comic Con. The Living End’s Retrospective Tour. Oh and Soundwave Music Festival.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012?
Fun – We Are Young.
This song, this song. It pretty much relates to every Friday and Saturday night I went out and went home. With friends, guys I was dating, guys I went home with. I remember singing this song in the taxi or on the train onto a night of cheeky fun! I was happy for anyone to carry me home at the end of the night.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happy or Sad?: Happy.
Thin or Fat?: Thin.
Rich or Poor?: Poor.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying and loving someone who didn’t love me back. I truly destroyed myself.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
for 2013. With my wonderful family and boyfriend.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Most likely my sister Regan.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
No. But I was still in love with someone.
23. How many one-night stands?
I lost count at 27.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The Walking Dead.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t think so.
26. What was the best book you read?
A great book about true Australian Crimes.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
Garbage, Coldplay and Something Corprate.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
Love. But looks like I will get it this year.
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
The Campaign and The Muppet Movie.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. I went to the zoo in Canberra. I fed Giraffes and White Lions. Then when I came home to Adelaide I spent my birthday at The Adelaide Fringe in The Garden Of Unearthly Delights.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having Jeremy still alive.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Belinda. I don’t know. I wear what I want, I don’t follow styles.
34. What kept you sane?
Music, Cigarettes, Wine and Friends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most/least?
Norman Reedus – I want to touch him in naughty places.
Pitbull – Need I say more. Mr Worldwide!? More like Mr Douchebag!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I had enough of my own shit going on.
37. Whom did you miss?
Sam, friends I lost through my last relationship ending, my Pug Pepper.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Appreciate your loved ones. Friends and family. You never know if they’ll be around tomorrow.
40. Do you have any lost feelings of others?
Yes and no.
41.Quote a song that sums up your year:
Far away, far away
Waste away tonight
Tonight my heart’s on the loose
Talk myself out of feeling
Talk my way out of control
Talk myself out of falling in love
Falling in love with you
42. On a scale of 1-10, how well did 2012 go for you? Why did you give it this rating?
4. I truly struggled to get out of bed every morning and the lack of sleep for the night before was always a bitch. I lost someone I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. I destroyed myself with alcohol and sex. I had no feeling. I lost one of my best friends. I was scared that I would lose my Father, still worrying today about him. I was stalked by another ex boyfriend. Borderline is a punch in the stomach. I really hurt myself but in the end I found a wonderful man who loves me for who I am today and who I was yesterday.
Thank you Brandy for the survey!